Want to Get Involved?
Listed below are several ministries to assist you or provide opportunities for you to volunteer.
Prayer and Caring Ministries
Contact the Diane Jones at (941) 467-7830 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details on these ministry opportunities.
- Care Visitation Team– Visit nursing homes, assisted living centers, short-term care rehab or home bound situations.
- Emergency Meals – Meals for our Edgewater families who are experiencing life events.
- Church Service Greeter– Greet people who come to worship services. We need volunteers in the parking lot, outside the front door, at the welcome desk, near the bathrooms and outside the worship centers.
- Food Pantry– Help sort, pack and distribute food to people who come to the church needing assistance.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – If you love to knit or crochet, you can become a part of a prayerful ministry which reaches out to those in need of comfort and solace. Our Prayer Shawl Ministry makes shawls, covers them in prayer and delivers them to area nursing homes.
Edgewater Prayer Partners
- Give THANKS to God for this place called Edgewater, to which he has called us, at the busy intersection of our community and for the building and property (that He would draw people to Him through us).
- Pray for His Will in completing the much needed space in the building and future needs for the building and property.
- Pray that our people will seek His guidance and direction and open their hearts, minds, and pocketbooks in faithful stewardship in ministry at Edgewater.
Pastor Dan and his family
- Wisdom, Courage and Protection that in guiding us he will be the leader that God has called him to be.
- Pray that God will give Our Pastor Dan strength and rest and help him sort priorities and manage his time to be the Godly Man in all the life roles that he is called to play.
Worship Pastor, Youth Director and Director of Children’s Ministries
- Pray for our Ministry Leaders and all their Assistants for God’s guidance in leading and directing our children, youth and their adult leaders to “Meet, Know and Serve” Him.
- Pray that God would protect them all and give them confidence in their faith and mission.
- Pray for our Worship Pastor and the worship team as they lead the worship at Edgewater.
Pray for the Guide Team, Ministry Leadership Team, Leadership Development Team and the Task Teams:
- Pray for discernment for these leaders
- Pray for Holy Spirit guidance with decisions
- Protection, Strength and Grace
- Pray that we will all be open to communication from our leadership so we might find ways to support the decisions made and at the same time be free to suggest options for future decisions.
- Pray for God to continue changing our hearts and attitudes as we make changes and to send those we need both now and in the future and at the same time those who need us.
Pray for the Ministry of Prayer at Edgewater
- For the Prayer Partners ministry to increase in number, faith and commitment, and that prayer will be our strength and shield in ministry, in worship, and our day to day lives.
Pray for Missions here at home and around the world
- Our sister churches in Cuba, mission projects here in Charlotte County and around the world
- The United Methodist Church and its mission and ministry worldwide.
- All Christian Churches and Pastors in our community
- Christians around the world (that God’s Message is spoken with boldness and clarity)
Pray for our Congregation and Community
- Pray for the “prayer requests” that are submitted each week
- Pray for Individuals and families in our congregation