For persons who have not been baptized, please ask to meet with Pastor Dan. He will explain the meaning of Christian Baptism and church membership.
For persons who have been Baptized and maintain membership in another church, regardless of denominational affiliation, you would be welcomed by transferring from your previous church.
You may check “Wish to Join” on your communication card any Saturday or Sunday. You will be contacted during the next week.
A three-session introduction to the ministries and beliefs of the church is held periodically. This event is for anyone who wants to learn more about the church. You will hear the story and the “What and Why” of Edgewater Church.
Confirmation Classes are offered for 6th – 8th graders. High School Students meet with our Student Ministry Director, David Schutte.
Members of Edgewater UMC affirm the following statements:
- I know God loves me. I know Jesus came, lived and died for me. In response, I have entered into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- I recognize that I am on a spiritual journey. The journey of faith will last my entire lifetime. I am committed to making daily progress in my spiritual journey.
- I know that regular involvement in the church helps me grow as a Christian. As much as health and family considerations allow, I intend to participate in the life and worship of the church.
- As part of my desire to grow spiritually, I will attend a small group and see if it meets my spiritual needs.
- I will use my talents, skills and other information I have discovered about my spiritual gifts to be involved in ministry to others.
- I realize everything that I have belongs to God. I am to be a good manager of the resources God has allowed me to have. I understand the biblical teaching to give tithes and offerings. I will tithe, or take regular steps toward tithing.
- I will invite others to attend worship and gatherings of Edgewater.
- I will seek to help others in their spiritual journey. I will share my faith in Jesus with others with the goal of helping them grow in their relationship with God.
- I desire to live a life marked by love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. I will strive to build these characteristics into my life. I will seek to resolve conflicts quickly and not allow bitterness, anger, envy or jealousy to fester in my life.
- I will seek to be a Faithful Disciple of Jesus at home, work and in the world.