Prayer is an exciting component of the Christian life. Isaiah 61:1-5 encourages us to minister to those who are hurt emotionally, spiritually or physically. It is our desire at Edgewater Church to pray for those who are in such a crisis.
God has called us to lift one another up in prayer, including Edgewater Church, its staff, volunteers, as well as our government and missionary work abroad. There are several ways to volunteer where you can pray for such areas.
Send prayer requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a prayer request, please give us the details you feel comfortable providing. Thank you for allowing us to bring your concern before the Lord. If you tell us to do so, we can send your request to people who have volunteered to pray for needs just like yours.
Pray For Our Troops
During this difficult time when our troops are confronting terrorism and violence, our friends and loved ones serving in the Armed Forces are in need of our support and prayers.
Share Your God Time
- The key to effective prayer is a pure heart before God. Take a few moments to ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart and reveal any unconfessed sin or wrong attitude that would hinder your time of prayer. Read these verses from the Bible: First John 3:21-22; Psalm 139:23-24; First John 1:9.
- Pray for the needs of others. Read these verses: Isaiah 61:1 – 3; James 5:13 – 16.
- Pray for the church and the ministries we offer. Pray for lost people to be drawn to the church and for hearts to be receptive to the music and message. Read: Psalm 91; 2 Corinthians 10:3 – 5; Romans 3:22 – 24
- Pray for Pastor Dan and the messages he will communicate. Pray for open hearts and the willingness to act on what is taught. Pray for the worship team and for the music to minister to the hearts of those present. Read: Ephesians 6:19; Ephesians 5:19 – 20.
- Pray for the staff. Pray that they will function in unity and for protection from the enemy and his plans to disrupt the incredible work taking place here. Pray for those volunteering at Edgewater Church that a servant’s heart would always be displayed and that God will continue to expand each ministry area. Read: Colossians 4:2 – 4; Matthew 9:38.
- Pray for the outreach ministries that Edgewater United Methodist Church participates in locally, statewide, nationally and internationally to be an example of Christ’s love. Pray also for the Gospel to go forth into all the nations and for the missionaries God has sent to be His witnesses. Read: Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8
- Pray for local, state, national and world governments that godly leaders would be influential in their respective positions. Read: Romans 13:1 – 5; First Peter 2:13 – 17
Want to Get Involved?
Listed below are several ministries to assist you or provide opportunities for you to volunteer. For more information, contact the church office (941-625-3039).
- Chapel Prayers – Come to the Chapel and pray for those on the prayer list as your daily schedule allows.
- Prayer Chain – If you have email and are willing to pray for the requests that are sent to you from our prayer administrator, then this is the prayer chain for you!
- Prayer Support Team – Meet at the church on Sunday mornings at 7:30 AM to pray for the worship services, Sunday School classes and all who will enter the church doors.
Contact the church office (941-625-3039) for details on these ministry opportunities.
- Care Visitation Team – Visit one person in a nursing home, assisted living center, short-term care rehab or home bound situations.
- Emergency Meals – Prepare a meal for those hospitalized, home bound or a mom with a newborn.
- Elder Care – Be willing to sit with an older person and give light personal care assistance (reading, answering the telephone, cleaning).
- Sunday Morning Greeter – Greet people who come to worship services. We need volunteers in the parking lot, outside the front door, at the welcome desk, near the bathrooms and outside the worship centers.
- Food Pantry – Help sort, pack and give food to people who come to the church needing assistance.
“My house will be called a house of prayer.” –Jesus, Matthew 21:13
Prayer Shawl Ministry:
This is a new ministry at Edgewater. If you love to knit or crochet, you can become a part of a prayerful ministry which reaches out to those in need of comfort and solace. Our first Prayer Shawl Ministry at Edgewater is starting up and if you wish to become involved call the church office and we will get you in contact with the correct person.